Monday, March 21, 2011

Milanorockstv, Superbowl in Milan

Superbowl in Milan @ Fiori Oscuri

Click on the video link below for a taste!

Milanorockstv

Ex pat life is something you can never prepare yourself for. I have been enjoying the company of people that I probably might have offended me in the states. A big group of us ex pat Americans enjoyed the Superbowl at a trendy model bar in Brera. I am told Armani lives nearby. So there we were on Via Fiori Oscuri, cheering and booing until 5am. Eventually we dragged ourselves home after a nice Pats win. One would describe a high eye-candy factor, and sans the notorious model chasers of Milan because they were models themselves. I even met a former male review guy originally from New Mexico of “California Dream,” basically their version of our Chippendales. Clearly, he does not actively participate in the group any longer, or so he says.

Am I missing home yet? In some ways, yes. The Targets, department stores and large supermarkets make my life easier. To buy a notebook here I have to find a small not so detectable stationery store. For 3 notebooks, 2 pens and 2 pencils, was 14 euros/$20. It’s a small world of charming independently owned stores. But on the positive note, shoes, clothes and handbag shopping is amazing! Although, my absence of credit cards has lessen the potency of the Soldi.(sales)








No comments:

Post a Comment